Archived News » Release 20130514
Posted by Paul Chote at 2013-05-14 12:38:00 +0200
Today we’re announcing our long-overdue “Mammoth May Madness” release. In the last 7 months, 26 authors have contributed more than 1,100 individual changes and improvements.
Some of the highlights in this release include:
- Significantly improved AI.
- UI improvements to the menus and lobby.
- New UI for replays, spectators and defeated players.
- New construction radius limits for C&C and D2K.
- Repairable bridges.
- Desert theater for RA.
- Left-click mouse controls (beta).
- 5 new missions for RA.
- 20 new multiplayer maps across all three mods.
- Significant balance improvements across all three mods.
- More bugfixes than you can shake a tesla coil at.
A composite screenshot showing the new lobby tooltips and player color selector in the Dune 2000 mod.
The Red Alert mod includes a new main menu and desert-themed shellmap.
C&C and D2K now requires buildings to be constructed near a construction yard, reducing the effectiveness of multiple-building-queue base-walking strategies.
Bridges can now be repaired by sending an engineer into the rubble.