Archived News » Release 20120630
Posted by Curtis Shmyr at 2012-07-16 08:14:00 +1200
A new release of OpenRA is available! Grab it on the downloads page.
- Added a server banlist setting (e.g. Server: Ban: IP1,IP2,IP3).
- Comments can be placed at the end of lines in YAML files (comments are prefixed with #).
- Improved error handling for multiple definitions of the same field in YAML files.
- (Gameplay) Missiles lose guidance and run out their remaining fuel if the target dies.
- Camoflauged pillbox is back, with the same garrison features of the original pillbox.
- The camoflauge effect requires power - the unit inside the structure will still attack even if power is low.
- Added a setting to disable the CashTick sound played when producing structures and units. Setting can be set to Extreme (default), Normal, or Off.
- Minor AI improvements.
- Exposed the option to toggle the shellmap.
- MRLS cost increased from 800 to 1200.
- APC’s gun damage was increased, to be a bit more effective against helis.
- Several buildings had hitpoints modified. Construction Yard, Airfield, Weapons Factory and Advanced Powerplant all received a bonus to their armor, while defensive walls received a reduction of health.
- Serveral units had movement speed adjusted. Notably the Nod Buggy, Recon Bike and Humvee all received a boost, and Medium Tank was slightly slowed.
- Landed helicopters were made targetable by units.
- Production hotkeys changed from YUIOP to QWERT (a la C&C 3).
- Mammoth Tank has an 8-sec cooldown for heal (like RA).
- Spy entering radar dome will no longer reset GPS if up.
- Players cannot attempt to capture buildings if that same player (or friendly ally) is already capturing.
- Barrels are no longer capturable/sellable.
The next release should be a large one, stay tuned.