Welcome Back, Commander
OpenRA is a Libre/Free Real Time Strategy game engine supporting early Westwood games like Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer: Red Alert.
- Release 20130514
- 13/05/2013 10:38am
Today we're announcing our long-overdue "Mammoth May Madness" release.
In the last 7 months, 26 authors have contributed more than 1,100 individual changes and improvements.
Some of the highlights in this release include:
- Significantly improved AI.
- UI improvements to the menus and lobby.
- New UI for replays, spectators and defeated players.
- New construction radius limits for C&C and D2K.
- Repairable bridges.
- Desert theater for RA.
- Left-click mouse controls (beta).
- 5 new missions for RA.
- 20 new multiplayer maps across all three mods.
- Significant balance improvements across all three mods.
- More bugfixes than you can shake a tesla coil at.
A Composite screenshot showing the new lobby tooltips and player color selector in the Dune 2000 mod
The Red Alert mod includes a new main menu and desert-themed shellmap.
The C&C and D2K mods now require buildings to be constructed near a construction yard, reducing the effectiveness of multiple-building-queue base-walking strategies.
Bridges can now be repaired by sending an engineer into the rubble.
Click through to see the human-optimized changelog or the full list of commits.
- Release 20121019
- 19/10/2012 11:04am
- Release 20120630
- 15/07/2012 8:14pm
- Release 20120504
- 03/05/2012 1:53pm